Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Pup & Wolf: The story of the one who ran away


The young pup ran wildly, increasing her speed every time she heard the dog snarling behind her. She took a deep breath. Everything around her seemed to be a blur as she ran as fast as she could. 
As the barking and snarling behind her seemed to fade, she slowed her speed. 
She saw a stream nearby and went over to take a drink. The ice cold water filled her mouth as she lapped it up with her tongue. 
The landscape around was all dead, because of the cold weather. 
Winter white snow lay on some parts of the ground, the parts that haven’t melted from the light of warm sun. 
The young pup was soon glad she had found a warm cave to rest in. 
Once she traveled to the back of the cave most of the cold wind could not reach her. She lay quietly in the soft tree moss that had somehow gotten in the back of the cave. She guessed the wind blew it in. 
The black and white Husky pup looked all around her. The cave was dark and lonely. She soon regretted leaving her brothers and sisters just because they were all going to a different home. She wished she had all of them to keep her warm and to keep her company. 
She rested her head between her paws and soon fell into a deep sleep. 

*** 

“What are you doing in here!?” A voice startled the pup. 
She jumped awake and opened her eyes. In front of her she saw what looked like a wolf and a wave of fear came over her. 
“I-I-just trying to stay warm.” She stammered. 
“Well, this is my cave.” The wolf said. 
“I-I’m s-sorry. I-I’ll leave r-right now.” She little pup stood up and started making her way to the front of the cave. 
“What’s your name, pup?” The wolf asked. 
“I-I’m..I um..really don’t know.” 
“Oh. What are you doing out here? Shouldn't you be home?” 
“I don’t have a home.” The young puppy said. 
“Why not?” The wolf asked, “Are you a stray?” 
“I am now. I kinda ran away.” 
“You should go back, pup. You’ll be a lot safer in a house.” 
“I can’t go back.” 
“Go. You’ll die out here alone.” 
“Okay, what’s your name?” 
“Wolf. My name is Wolf. My family couldn't think of a name for me, so they named me Wolf.” 
“Okay. Then I’ll be Pup.” 
“Okay. You’re Pup and I’m Wolf.” 
Pup turned to leave, “Bye, Mr. Wolf.” 
“You can stay here for the night.” Wolf said. 
“Hey, thanks. I guess I’ll go back to my family tomorrow.” Pup said, walking back to the back of the cave, “They’ll be glad to see me.” 
“Why did you run away?” 
“I was going to a new home.” Pup said, lying down, “I didn't like the idea of it.” 
“Maybe you should’ve when there anyway. You’re mom would’ve picked a nice family.” 
“Yeah. Good-night.” Pup said. 
“Good-night.” 
Before long, Pup drifted off into a deep sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment