Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Story of Ally and Her Very-Berry Friends


Hello, I’m Ally and yes, I’m a raspberry. 
I live with all my fruit friends in a fruit bowl on the Tan Giant’s kitchen table. 
I have to say, it’s better living here then at the fruit stand. 
“Hey, Ally, come on over here. George is going to tell us a story.” I heard my best friend, Scarlet the cherry, call me. 
I hopped on over where the group of fruit, Bob the blueberry, Katie the strawberry, George the banana, Bike the lime, and Scarlet were gathered around in a circle. 
“Go ahead and tell it George.” Katie said, “We’re all here.” 
“Okay, well it all started when a mean blackberry named Tim wanted to rule over all the other berries. He had gotten an army of blackberries to go and take all the other berries in the land captive. He started to build bigger armies and take a lot of berries captive. 
But then one day an army of good berries arose. They went into war with Tim and won. They let all the captives go and then Tim was left defenseless, so he fled into another land and no one has really seen him after that. But some still say that he’s out there, building a new army. Some say they've seen him with thousands of berries in one army.” 
“Is that the end?” I asked George. 
“Yes, Ally. Yes it is.” George replied. 
“That’s scary.” Said Katie. 
“I’m tired and it’s dark out, so I think we should get some sleep. Goodnight, guys.” George said. 
The others said goodnight and laid down to sleep. 
The next morning they all awoke. 
“Good morning.” Katie said to me. 
“Hello.” I replied. 
“What do you want to do today?”Scarlet asked Katie and me. 
“I don’t know.” I answered. 
“Good morning, guys.” Bike said, bouncing over to us. 
“I know what we’re going to do.” I said, “We’re going to escape out of this bowl.” 
“But how?” Bike asked. 
“Everybody gather ‘round!” I yelled. 
All the fruit hopped over to us. 
“We’re getting out of this bowl today and I know just now. George get to the side of the bowl, Bike, you get right beside him. Scarlet get on top of Bike, Bob, you get on top of Scarlet, and then I’m going to get on top of you.” 
I hopped up on top of Bike, then Scarlet, and then Bob. 
“Okay, Katie. When we all get over, you climb up on the top of Bike and he will bounce you so high that you can get over. George, Can you get over by yourself?” 
“Well, I think so.” He answered me. 
“Okay, George, you will help Bike up and then jump out yourself, okay?” 
“Okay.” They all said. 
My plain went into action. 
I jumped over the side of the bowl, then Bob followed me, and then Scarlet. 
Bike bounced Katie over the side and he followed her. 
“Come on, George. Jump!” We all yelled. 
George flew over the side and we all took off for the window. 
I was the only one not through the window. 
Then I jumped through, but in mid-air I heard someone in the kitchen, “Mom, where did the fruit go?” 


Thanks for reading the story of Ally and her very-berry friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment